Wednesday, May 5, 2010

About how old do you have to be to work legally in cincinnati

How old do you have to be to work legally in cincinnati?
I really need a job answers please no to baby sitting and lemonade stand. Im 14, 15 in december.
Cincinnati - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I believe you can work at Safeway and stuff when your like 14 as cashier but most places you need to be at least either 16 or 18.
2 :
Generally 16. I suggested a good e-Bay business idea to a similar question this week and the Bozo gave me a Best Answer and then called me a derogatory name. He said that he was only posting that question to placate his parents. I only mention that to indicate why people would fail to respond to questions from a teenager.
3 :
The federal law allows a 14 year old to work a limited number of hours a week, I think eight. It increases for a 15 year old. There are no restrictions for a 16 year old. This is national law. This is also because one has to stay in school until 16 so that there cannot be a work school conflict. There are specific state laws that can be reviewed at the link below. Most modern laws started with the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 and have been just slightly modified since then.
4 :
16 duh!
5 :
14-year-olds can work only in certain jobs. Once a person is 16 there is a lot more freeedom in the type of job a person can have. Below is a website that lists the limitations on employment in the State of Ohio.
6 :
14ish. I don't believe there is a limit in the summer time though. This goes back to when kids worked on the farm in summer. I would enjoy your childhood instead.
Read more other entries :