Friday, March 5, 2010

About I live in Texas but work 6 days (about) a month in Cincinnati. How do I pay the least amount of taxes

I live in Texas but work 6 days (about) a month in Cincinnati. How do I pay the least amount of taxes?
I lived in Kentucky till Memorial Day so have paid Kentucky taxes. I work in downtown Cincinnati so pay local Cincinnati taxes and am having Ohio taxes withheld. I live in Texas which has no income taxes but fly in to Cincinnati about 6 days a month to help do my job. I work out of my office in Dallas the rest of the month. I am trying to either minimize my state taxes or avoid them altogether if I can. My employer is withholding Ohio and Cincinnati income taxes. I assume that I can pro rate my tax bill, is that true and how do I do that?
United States - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Do not list any addresses in Ohio, only use a Texas address, even a Texas P.O Box.
2 :
You can't escape it legally. Just be sure to deduct everything you possibly can.
Read more other entries :